Old 07-04-15, 07:15 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ro-monster
This is interesting. I was looking up some information about Amtrak and saw this link on their site. It seems at least one city is now promoting car-free travel.
Santa Barbara Car Free
Santa Barbara is the right size to make it work, and it's been very bicycle friendly for a long while.

A girlfriend and I took a winter vacation there one year. We took the train from L.A. to Oxnard. Then we rode up into the mountains and camped at Dennison Park. Apparently, at that time it was a local Lover's Lane. But it turned out to be a good choice because a heavy storm rolled in below flooding Ojai, but we were dry, because of our elevation. The next day we rode to Santa Barbara and stayed with my Mom. The third day was New Year's Eve and we rode over San Marcos Pass by Lake Cachuma and finished in Solvang. There was nothing happening in Solvang for New Years'. Even the liquor store closed up early. I think we took the Alisal Ranch Rd to Gaviota and returned along the coast. That, or we doubled back over the San Marcos Pass. From Santa Barbara we took the train back to L.A.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.