View Single Post
Old 07-08-15, 06:50 AM
etw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Clyde1820
Can't speak to the Atkins format, over time. For myself, it's a bit too much fat and protein overall. Have done weeks of it (DIY), now and then, but not for months at a time.

Have gone through my own transformation over the past couple of years, by following these basic guidelines:.............

Some really great info there (snipped to save space). I think that if one needs to follow a diet plan, South Beach has many excellent benefits. Many mistakenly think that it is no carb or like Atkins. It is no carb during the initial two week period. The concept is to regulate one's blood sugars and eliminate the cravings for carbs. After that, carbs are added back, but with a focus on complex, more healthy carb choices. Being that it was original intended as a heart healthy diet, there is also an emphasis on lowering fat intake. As one reaches goal the hope is that you will retain a healthy lifestyle, even allowing some indulgences in moderation and keeping it in check, being a little more strict when needed.