Old 07-08-15, 10:09 AM
T13

Bikes: '84 Basso Pista, Masi Heinz '57 SS beater. Couple Stingrays...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
I like buying nice things. I wasn't raised with much- actually, when I was a child I got my clothes out of a donation box from the shelter that I lived in. now that I've got money to spend, I've probably tried to make up for the things I never had. I've worked every day of my life for what I have today.
I can relate to this as well, having been bounced to 4 foster homes. And now, years later, I don't even really make a ton of $ or anything. But I generally don't spend money on cheap stuff. If I want something, I try to get the best one I can afford, or the exact one I want, instead of a cheap facsimile of what I want. I don't mind saving up, until I can get the thing I want. So, my house may not be full of "stuff", but the stuff in it is good stuff, that lasts.

I know guys who go to MTB races, hung over, in dirty jeans, on sub $1000 bikes and blow the doors off guys on $2000 bikes. I feel like if you can't make a less than $1000 bike work for you, then you are really just "blaming the tools"....