View Single Post
Old 07-09-15, 04:52 AM
kunsunoke 
spondylitis.org

Bikes: '84 Colnago Super; '90 Bridgestone MB-1; '81 Trek 930; '01 Cinelli Supercorsa; '62 Ideor Asso; '87 Tommasini Super Prestige; '13 Lynskey R2300; '84 Serotta Nova Special; '94 Litespeed Catalyst; etc.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by look171
Why does it bother you so much?
Doesn't bother me at all. Anyone wishing to imitate hipster behavior during the early to mid 2000s need only do the exact opposite of what was posted, and they'll have the perfect Bozo the Granolatard bike to ride around Park Slope, Greenpoint, No-Libs, Fishtown, etc. - where beardos now ride CX.

I don't like to see a nice frame hacked up, but that's as far as I feel then move on. It isn't mine and really don't care.
But that's your approach, not mine. I prefer to let people know when they do something inappropriate or stupid.

You reminds me of an older neighbor across the street who came to me and ask what color I was painting my house when I bought it. I was 30 years old and look younger then my actual age. The old bastard and his wife came to me and dare ask "what are you doing to that house? Don't change the architecture. Color is part of the architecture, so keep it beige, white or a light brown color. We wouldn't tolerate blue or any modern colors".
I could also say that you remind me of Stephen Kenney, the guy from Kenmore NY who refused to cut his lawn, preferring to keep it natural. He got fined by a judge, refused to pay the fine, and still refused to cut the grass. Eventually his neighbors cut it for him in the middle of the night. Kenney was the epitome of the hipster ****.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,3361978&hl=en

Here's a more extreme example of neighbors not being neighborly: http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/...lled/19193155/

By the way - the cranky old bastards would have the right to impede your painting if your community was governed by a home owner's association.

I don't like the hipsters with their girlfriend's tight jeans, but who cares.
Well, the upside is that the more of them wearing skinny jeans, the more likely the sexual dysfunction - and that means fewer of them breeding.

Last edited by kunsunoke; 07-09-15 at 04:57 AM.