TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
And that works both ways. When someone looks at my old gas pipe bikes and shakes their head, I get it. And I'm not offended. The bikes are primitive slugs in their eyes. And they are primitive slugs. I don't like complex modern race bikes, but I can totally understand someone lusting after every exotic doo-dad. They are passionate about the gadgetry, that's what draws them in, and that's cool. I LOVE looking at them and admiring all the engineering details. They are awesome. I'd never own one, even if it was free, but they are cool.

Everyone has different tastes in everything. The best thing everyone can do is to understand that fact, be more accepting of that fact, and less judgmental.
What?

Also, as T13 mentioned, some of us are competitive, and want something that gives back more of what you put in. It has less to do with owning fancy gadgets and more to do with performance.

I race a rigid, uncomfortable alu bike (caad9) and train/ride daily on a steel road bike. In nearly every situation, they're basically the same, but there is a real and marked difference as your power output increases, esp when sprinting or climbing.

Originally Posted by T13
I DO think, however, that Aluminum/carbon transformer looking track bikes for urban riding look completely ridiculous.
I totally agree on this one. Besides looking stupid, riding a fancy alu/carbon transformer bike around town isn't practical, as they are uncomfortable and fragile compared to something purpose designed.

Last edited by TMonk; 07-09-15 at 12:18 PM.