View Single Post
Old 07-10-15, 01:02 PM
dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
I run the BKool Pro trainer/simulator. I can run it with a computer, a smart phone, a tablet, or if you have one a smart TV.

I can put any of the routes I ride into it, ride other people's routes, ride sections of the popular bike races (Tour of Spain, Tour de France). I also can ride virtually with other people so if my buddy is on his trainer at the bike shop and I am on my trainer at home and we are on the same route we can ride together with voice communication if we are within 50 feet of each other on the route.

Yes some of the features cost a monthly fee to use ($15.00), but overall the $650.00 for the trainer (one time cost), and the monthly fee is still less expensive than joining an exercise club for me (nearest one is 30 miles away).

I am 6 foot 3 inches and around 360 pounds, and I was about 390 pounds when I started on the trainer. The trainer was an answer to the question how and when can I ride when it is dark outside and the roads are icy, and now it is an answer to having to ride in desert heat (100 degree average days).

I have a few hundred miles on my trainer so far and I purchased it in October 2014.

It is compact, and fits under our sofa table, then I pull it out and extend the stabilizer bars and plug it in, and go for a ride... get done with the ride put it back, wipe the laminate flooring with a towel to wipe up the sweat and away we go.

Also you can set up robots to ride against on a route to give you some competition if that is what you need to keep you motivated.

I had a Giant magnetic trainer and it sat and only got used once for about 10 minutes.