View Single Post
Old 07-11-15, 12:06 PM
look171

Bikes: Casati, Look, Torelli, Ridley, and a bunch of steel bikes from the 80s and the 90s..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kunsunoke
I've seen a little too much poseur behavior in my lifetime for it to bother me. In fact I think it's hilarious how the little bastards in Greenpoint and NoLibs are now trying to imitate Thomas Frischknecht.

Did it devalue the bike? Probably did. I wouldn't have done it. I wouldn't advise doing it.

Your bike, though.

I'm sure you improved the paint in the process. The Italians never were very good at it.
The way I look at it, my company name is a lot more important to me then Ernesto's name ever will be on the down tube on MY bike.

This time around, its not about the value of a product. The paint job and the art work will cost more then the initial frame itself. I bought the frame for a little more then 500 bucks back in 1985 with my summer job money. It has a little scratch near the top of the seat tube so the shop owner gave me a little break plus, I rode for his club. I was a great bike and had a few bumps and scraps on it along the way from racing and training. Frame is straight but the fork is long gone, so it is time to make it into something else I want again. Over the years, I have ridden many of the top end Italian bikes, so to me its no big deal who's name is on the down tube. Tell you the truth, I don't ride steel frame any longer even though I have three hanging up in my garage. This is a toy I have wanted to do.