View Single Post
Old 07-11-15, 03:45 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by rhm
jimmuller, there's a karmic irony in your tale. ... With all the riding you do, about as much as I, I can't believe you've had only one puncture this year. ... I learned long ago that you must always carry at least one unopened tube of vulcanizing rubber cement. This is obligatory.
rhm, thank you thank you thank you for getting all of my flats so I didn't have to deal with them. That was so incredibly kind of you.

The funny thing is, I have this small Jannd seat bag just big enough to hold a tube and a patch kit and tire irons and maybe my cell phone if I'm running out of space in my handlebar bag because lunch is too big. I've swapped it between a few bikes as a security blanket. It handled that job nicely, made me feel secure. I just haven't had a flat in so long on either of those bikes that I've been taking it for granted. The only thing it couldn't do was actually patch a tire. Whodathunkit?

I've been buying patch kits to fix all the other flats I've found on tires sitting in the basement, or to carry on the bikes where that Jannd bag would obscure the blinky taillight. I found that one of my bikes had two patch kits. Now, how did that happen, I wonder?

Caveman, that's a real bummer!