Old 07-12-15, 10:16 PM
Nagrom_
Fixie Infamous

Bikes: 2007 CAAD Optimo Track, 2012 Cannondale CAAD10, 1996 GT Force restomod, 2015 Cannondale CAADX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bigcicero
I'm starting to feel that this ^ is true and I'm a little annoyed. I've spent all day researching sizing and geometries (there's a ton of info on this forum), and I actually found some examples of guys with my exact same dimensions riding CAAD 10s from 56-58. I think I'm starting to understand the difference in geometries too: the 'aggressive' geometry is a long top tube with a short head tube, giving a stretched out ride and a lower handlebar. This results in an aero position.
When I 'stand' over my top tube, the 54 size seems to be okay at first blush (since the top tube is perfectly horizontal and is high relative to my inseam), but I don't feel stretched out enough so I'd probably prefer *riding* a 56+. The other bikes I test rode felt longer and better to me. (Why didn't I go with my gut?) Also, the longer stem on this bike somehow doesn't feel like the right solution b/c somehow the whole frame feels smallish to me.

I'm starting to wonder if I wouldn't be better off with a compact frame that is a little bigger so I can get over the top tube but enjoy the length. At this point, any ideas on what to do with my Caad? It's rideable, but I just don't LOVE it, and I want to LOVE it.

Try a 56 Synapse, hopefully from a different Cannondale dealer.

I'm a hair under 6 foot, and sized up between a 56 and a 58 on my caad10. You have no business being on a 54cm.