Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by bigcicero
Okay everyone, again thank you... I'm really surprised by the outpouring of help with this. I realize I'm being vague, but given that I don't know what I don't know yet, this is the best I can do.
To summarize, some people think that the bike is too small, and some think it's the right size of frame but I need a longer stem (I'm at 120mm now).
The biggest thing I'm learning here is that part of the fit is determined by the 'numbers'; but there appears to be some room for subjectivity, which is where I didn't trust myself previously.

Here are my next steps:
- Adjust the seat, like suggested above
- I'll the try the calculator and get back to you with that it says
- I'm going to try to go up to a 130mm stem
- I'm going to go back an LBS and try to ride a few bikes of differing sizes to see if I feel differently, will try a larger CAAD too

-- I'm going to shoot for a couple other bikes too, like a SuperSix, Synapse, Domane, and Roubaix to get exposed to different rides...... anyone have any other ideas?

This might help ...

Right now we're flying blind here. Can you post a photo of yourself on the bicycle?

Do you have a trainer you can put the bicycle on and take a photo that way? Or hop on and lean against a wall to balance? Something to give us some idea what we're actually dealing with?