Old 07-14-15, 08:33 AM
dynodonn 
Banned

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by corrado33
This. I had an idiot driver pull up beside me while I was riding on the white line (2 foot shoulder), not even pass me completely, LOOKED AT ME, no turn signal, then tried to turn right. I didn't have time to stop, if I had run into them they would have been buying me a new bike. I wasn't going fast enough to hurt myself if I had hit them. There were 2 or three people following us, so plenty of witnesses. I always look at cars' turn signals when someone passes me at a speed slower than I would expect for that road. If someone actually does have the time to pass me, and they DO put their turn signal on, I'll move into the lane and pass them on the left.

Some people are just idiotic.

EDIT: This was in broad daylight, with me riding my BRIGHT YELLOW bike and that day I was even wearing a BRIGHT RED sweater vest, there's no way in hell they didn't see me, especially since she looked over DIRECTLY AT ME before she tried to turn.
My closest right hooks occurred while I was traveling at a speed low enough to be within my bicycle's brakes ability to stop in a very short distance, any faster and I probably would have hit the side of the motorist's vehicle.