Thread: Today I (v2):
View Single Post
Old 07-14-15, 11:39 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4444 Post(s)
Liked 4,101 Times in 2,737 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
do it!

@veganbikes Holland cycles is indeed very cool. My work is about 3 blocks from there in the industrial Kearny Mesa area of SD. The lead mechanic is a personal acquaintance of mine, and their wheelbuilder built the Hed Belgium/Powertap wheels that I've been riding nearly daily for a year now. It's a great shop with a friendly staff.

I have long term plans to get a custom Ti Holland built for my daily/training bike. While the Exogrid bikes look cool, it seems gimmicky to me. I prefer the aesthetic, simplicity and longevity of straight Ti tubes.
That is awesome, I wish I had those kind of connections. Good to know those wheels are working out.

I think there is something to it but who knows it could be gimmicky, all I know is I likes to look at it and I wouldn't mind owning one.