Old 07-15-15, 12:27 PM
thebulls

Bikes: SOMA Grand Randonneur, Gunnar Sport converted to 650B, Rivendell Rambouillet, '82 Trek 728, '84 Trek 610, '85 Trek 500, C'Dale F600, Burley Duet, Lotus Legend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RR3
Great Spreadsheet.

Which column do I adjust to change the stoppage at controls (not sleep, I figured that one out)

Does the model assume a constant power output?

Does the model assume no drafting (solo)?

My bike and I will weigh 210 lbs. I know I can average 170 watts on a 600K but guess my power will drop to around 110-130 watts on the return to Paris owing to inevitable fatigue. Would it make sense to input 140 watts....just your opinion if you have time. Thanks.
Column BQ for the hand-adjusted control time. You can either put hard-code the amount of time, or you could put in a formula and assume, e.g. that you can control in 3/4 of the time that I've allowed, or whatever.

The model assumes that you slow down progressively as you get further into the ride--implicitly, I think this has to mean that it assumes power output declines. However, it also assumes that if you sleep for one sleep cycle or longer (90 minutes) then this is so refreshing that it is as if you had only ridden 80 percent of the cumulative distance--see column BD at row 115 where I have a 90-minute sleep at Loudeac and when you wake up from that sleep, it is as if you are only 346 km into the ride instead of 487km. This is entirely ad hoc!

You can actually put that you are drafting by changing the zeroes in column AK to ones.

I would put in the average watts for the entire ride, and take advantage of the fact that the forecast assumes that you progressively slow down during the ride (with resets for sleep).

Also, to correct a small error in the spreadsheet, go to the PBP15 page, cell CA2 and input the formula +CA5.
Nick

Last edited by thebulls; 07-15-15 at 12:34 PM.