RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3,433 Times in 2,540 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundra_Man
Felt S32 - Triathlon/TT bike. Before some injuries and life circumstances got in the way a few years ago, I was really into competing in triathlons. I haven't done any in the last 4 years so this bike doesn't get ridden very often. It's a terrible commuter as the shift levers are on the aero bars and the brakes are on the bullhorns, so your hands are always in the wrong spot when riding in traffic. Get it out on the open road, though, and this bike will flat out haul. I have a lot of great memories with this bike so it would be hard to sell, but realistically this is the one I should probably let go if I'm not going to do any more tri races in the future (which isn't a for-sure decision either.)
Absolutely sell the Felt.

Or, consider putting regular drop bars on the Felt? You could put the tt-end shifters into the barends, you'd need new brake levers. Or you could get a pair of brifters (or for a really "unique" look, you could put your existing shifters onto Gevenalle levers). There is probably some kind of threadless steerer extension you could get so you could get the cockpit up a bit without having to replace the fork.

Last edited by RubeRad; 07-15-15 at 02:33 PM.