Old 07-15-15, 03:15 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18382 Post(s)
Liked 4,515 Times in 3,355 Posts
Originally Posted by RubeRad
Or, consider putting regular drop bars on the Felt? You could put the tt-end shifters into the barends, you'd need new brake levers. Or you could get a pair of brifters (or for a really "unique" look, you could put your existing shifters onto Gevenalle levers). There is probably some kind of threadless steerer extension you could get so you could get the cockpit up a bit without having to replace the fork.
I'm not sure about Tri-TT geometry vs road geometry, but I certainly would start looking at upgrades for that bike. Drop bars... or...

I think there are a few ways to put dual brakes on TT bikes. That might be half the battle if you choose to keep the aero bar config. People have mounted shifters at different locations on the bikes. Wherever it is most convenient.

If you're on a tight budget....
I've started using Chinese Aluminum Jockeys... in part to improve indexed shifting. I'd probably keep bushings on the top, but not the bottom for non-indexed shifting.

Perhaps ride the hybrid for a bit while you put the Panasonic on the work stand and ponder its future for a few days.

Each person is different as whether a beater is best for errands or not... Lots of decisions.