StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,470 Posts
Originally Posted by Voodoo76
My favorite "back in the day" bike, a Davidson Stiletto. Good crit bike, solid handling and highish BB. Stiff but the classic trade off harsh ride. It was a better bike than the early carbon stuff (OCLV, ect) felt more efficient and a little more precise. That said I'm not one to get all nostalgic about steel. It was a good bike in it's time but the newer CF stuff is on a whole different level.

Overall best bike I have spent time on is a Super Six (EVO HiMod). A little more responsive than the Ridley I'm riding right now and great road feel. I would like to put a few miles in on a new Tarmac, have heard good things about them.

Vitus, I could make everything rub on one of those. One of the few bikes I really felt I might be able to break just by jumping hard.
I can't agree more. I've had lots of bikes. I still love my steel Waterford but it still doesn't match the current CF. I had an aluminum Cannondale and it was a bargain compared to other high end bikes at the time. I went through lots of Ti bikes with long test rides on pretty much all before I finally decided. The Ti is also nice but still doesn't match my CF for all around speed and comfort.