Old 07-18-15, 05:52 PM
GovernorSilver

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, Jamis Renegade Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
For comparison though, the Cyo Premium is rated at 80 lux. The Lyt seems to be the cheapest, lowest powered "just barely enough light" light that they sell.
Yeah, I got that impression looking at this:
http://www.bumm.de/fileadmin/user_up...5__English.pdf

If it ever gets stolen, my heart wouldn't be broken - I'll admit. But whoever steals it would have to unbolt it in two places, plus need a 2nd wrench to hold down the nut in back of the fork.

I'd probably replace it with Cycliq's upcoming headlight/camera combo - but only if it's actually stolen.

Originally Posted by PaulRivers
The worst ones are a mix of pitch black spots and bright lighting.
Yeah, the veteran riders in my area warned me about the part of that MUP that approaches the airport - all those car headlights in the opposite direction. That's why I'm considering getting transition-type outer lenses for my cycling sunglasses - the ones that automatically darken/lighten like the transition lenses on regular prescription glasses. I mostly prefer polarized sunglasses because they stay dark whether or not I'm driving, but for unpredictable lighting conditions on the evening commute rides the transition type might actually be better.

Another reason I'm glad I got the helmet mounted light is this story one of the veteran bike commuters told me: Riding on a MUP in the dark of night, he saw a light in the distance moving erratically. As he got closer, he realized the light was mounted on a dog, and there was a cyclist with no lights on his person or bike pedaling slowly with a leash on the dog - no reflective material on the leash.