Old 07-18-15, 10:41 PM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grumpy McTrumpy
another level-headed perspective on this whole thing : Neanderthals, aliens, performance data & context | The Science of Sport

This isn't a simple case of "if A then B". There are just too many little bits of doubt all pointing in the same direction: a repeat of 10-15 year old history. Can I prove anything? No. But I (and others in this thread) have pointed at a whole lot of little bits of doubt.

Skepticism and Suspicion are not Hate, either. There's really no emotion involved, other than a fatalistic "oh jeez this **** again" feeling upon seeing history repeating itself yet again.

Again, I remain open to being convinced otherwise. Present me with an adequate logical contrary response to all of the little bits of doubt. I have yet to hear any that resonated.
i'm not really in this conversation, and i get that you are asking someone to say something to alleviate doubt, but how can someone ever prove they are NOT doping?

someone who wants to doubt a performance -- and i understand your skepticism -- is not likely to ever be swayed. it always can come back to ​"well, yeah, they're just years ahead of the tests."