View Single Post
Old 07-19-15, 04:25 AM
limbot

Bikes: 2014 Avanti Cadent ERII 2, 2013 Trek DS 8.4, 2008 Norco Wolverine

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Wifey had to do some work in a little country down of Levendale so as chauffeur brought the DS 8.4 along while she was working. Had done some research and figured I'd do Mount Hobbs (828 metres above sea level)

It was mostly up hill so stop to take my jacket off then looked down and saw this. (Yes look closely there is a bike in this pic)

This is a fire trail up to a old style watch tower and it was rough, wet and muddy.

Even though it was midday there was still frost on the ground and ice on the puddles.

Here's the watchtower at the summit

Fantastic panoramic views from (almost the top) of the tower ( the top platform is locked off).

Word of warning though, if you're going to leave your mobile/cell phone somewhere make sure it's not the summit OR that you realize BEFORE you get to the bottom. Yep I ended up doing the damned hill twice. Lucky it was such a scenic ride and the muddy, rocky downhill ride was a hoot (twice).

As I say , it was pretty wet and muddy. In fact I actually couldn't get the front derailleur to go into the lowest cog in the end. Luckily it was pretty much all downhill on the way home.

Hope everyone else's having a fun weekend riding !!