Old 07-19-15, 02:19 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3467 Post(s)
Liked 1,471 Times in 1,148 Posts
Disposable gloves like medical personnel use for messy repairs.
Two tubes.
Patch kit.
Tire levers.
All of the above is pretty easy to get to within a minute, it is in a ziplock bag.

Tire pump, either a Road Morph G or a Lezyne Micro Floor Drive pump with gauge. Sometimes in a pannier, sometimes on the frame, depends on how concerned I am about theft.

Spare spokes in the seatpost, held in place with a wine cork. The cork dried out and got loose so I had to wrap some electrical tape around it to keep it tight.

A multi-tool with bare minimum components, this one is in my pocket for quick access.

Some spare bolts threaded into a few extra spots on the frame where I store them, one of the bolts is a shoe cleat bolt.

The following is buried in the bottom of a pannier.
A multi tool that has a chain tool on it, some allen head wrenches and some normal wrenches, cone wrench.
Spare cables.
Spare chain quick link for my size chain.
Some lube.

I used to carry a cassette removal tool, but not sure if I will continue to carry that. Also had a short piece of (worn out) chain on a piece of cord to use as a chain whip with the cassette removal tool, and that also meant that I needed a crescent wrench too. I filed down two of the flats on the cassette tool to allow me to carry a smaller crescent wrench.

Varies slightly for each bike. On one of my bikes I need a 10mm open end wrench for a cantilever yoke. On another bike I need a T20 wrench.

You do not need any tools that you do not know how to use. I built up my bikes from the bare rims, so I know how to use all the tools I carry.

I whipped this out from memory, if I forgot something, I probably never needed it.