Old 07-20-15, 03:44 AM
ttakata73

Bikes: *1998 GT Forte Ti 700c, Totem KDS-D 26" fatbike, BirdyGT 18", Brompton M2LX 16"

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I've had a few folders now like Dahon's Curve, Dove, Mantis, Silvertip, and Strida 5.
I really loved the fast ride of the Silvertip but it was too bulky to travel with so I sold it.
I can't fly with the Strida cheaply.
The Dove is very portable but 14" wheels and single speed are strictly for smooth and flat areas which is rare.

My next bike will be a Moulton; one of the most historic and innovative of bike brands.
If 17-20" wheels were never banned by racing organizations I think they could have become one the of world's biggest bike companies.
I love the old school innovations and industrial look to them.
These have to be some of the most time intensive to make bicycles you can buy off the shelf.
Granted I couldn't make either kind, but laying up a carbon monocoque seems easy compared to brazing so many tubes together.
If it was easy to make a Moulton, there would be copycats.

I could probably afford a TSR9 within a year.
Or maybe I should save a few years for a New Series which is silly money but it would be the last bike I buy.

I could never justify a Double Pylon when I could buy an MV Agusta instead and I would be afraid of being bike-jacked riding it.

Last edited by ttakata73; 07-20-15 at 03:56 AM.