Old 07-20-15, 10:56 AM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Some people just don't get it...

I attended a family reunion yesterday where I saw relatives I haven't seen in since my childhood. I was always a chubby kid so when I spoke with them, many of them were stunned at the fact I wasn't overweight. One relative who I haven't seen for 3 years walked up to me and asked if I was feeling better. That started a chain reaction, I started getting bombarded with questions such as "What was wrong? Were you sick? What illness did you have? How long were you in the hospital?"...and the like. When I told them I simply just felt like losing weight and getting fit, they all jumped to the conclusion that I must have had some kind of medical condition to bring on this drastic decision. After all, who would embark on such a big lifestyle change when they didn't have to, right?

I started this new chapter in my life not to lose weight, but simply because I wanted to become more fit. The weight loss came on it's own after I decided to cut out all processed and sugary foods/drinks and force myself to exercise an hour or more daily.

Is it really hard to believe that someone could sense their own problem and want to fix it on their own or do are we all robots who require a doctor to be told what to do?

Naturally I can't be the only one here with this experience, feel free to share your story.