View Single Post
Old 07-20-15, 11:04 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by OldTryGuy
Super SWEET!!!! With that 32, look out Alpe d'Huez.

Only thing different for me would be cables in front of bars and valve stems at 0600. Could never get used to the cables behind the bars. Felt claustrophobic. Enjoy that beauty.
Thanks! FWIW and IIRC, that FW is a 34. New England is a fairly hilly place. That FW was made necessary by my decision to go with that NR crank which won't go below 42T (well, 41T if you have patience on ebay and lots of money to waste for one tooth). That long cage on the NR RD was made by BF member Henry III. I don't think I'll ever go up Alpe d'Huez but I have ridden this up Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park.

As for the cables, over in the C&V some members make a big deal about routing the cables behind the bar because they are "supposed to" be there. I route them behind the bar for mechanical reasons. The front cable behind the bar has a smooth straight shot down to the caliper, and the rear cable is supported by the bar to keep it from flopping over.

As for the value stems, I have enough other things to worry about!