View Single Post
Old 07-20-15, 06:10 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
@shovelhd, I get minor data drops on the SRM, maybe 1-2 seconds every few weeks. I'll easily get maybe a dozen of these in a single workout with the Stages, maybe on as many as 20-25% of my workouts. Even that's not a huge deal, unless the drop is in the middle of a super-short interval, then it's annoying.

What is the deal-breaker for me with the Stages, though, is the high incidence of complete data failures- as in a large percentage of the workout is affected.

But hey, I'm not out to convince anyone. I completely believe that my experience is not the norm, Stages would probably be out of business if it was. But the power meters don't work for me, that's 100% clear. Two units, documented problem with Stages since Oct 2014, no resolution, no "next step". The smartest thing they could do is just give me my money back because the continued presence of these power meters in my life is the only reason I keep talking about it. Whatever, I'm still working some sort of resolution with Stages.

Im mi totally the first person who will admit YMMV and I am glad for anyone who has a viable inexpensive PM option like the Stages.