Old 11-13-05, 07:48 AM
jnorcross

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus 2006

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Planetbike Fenders on '06 Specialized Sirrus

I realize that elements of this have been covered in the past, but after considerable searching, I still couldn't find the answer.

After hearing that some on this forum have had no problem installing Planetbike Road Fenders on their Sirrus, I went ahead and purchased them from Performance. Unfortunately, I just received the Touring/Hybrid (45mm) fenders instead of the Road (35 mm) fenders. Looking at Plantebike's website, I can't tell if there is any design differences other than width between these two fenders. So for now, I'm just assuming that I'll have the same problem if I order the Road fenders. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the Hybrid fenders on my wife's Trek 7300 or send them back and get the road fenders.

Overall, I had no problem getting the front one on, but the rear is the issue.

Here are the problems:
1) The hole drilled into the seatstay bridge is vertical, rather than horizontal, therefore, I can't bolt the fender on as described in the very limited instructions with the fenders. I can get around this one with zip ties.
2) There's a part of the front deraileur jutting back that interferes in the space where the fender should attach to the chainstay bridge - this seems to be a considerable problem.
3) Is it normal to have your rack (Blackburn) and the two fender stabilization bars mounted into the same eyelet on the drivetrain side on the bike - I can't see any other option without having to rig something up.