View Single Post
Old 07-23-15, 07:14 PM
Soody

Bikes: Gunnar, Shogun, Concorde, F Moser, Pete Tansley, Rocky Mtn, Diamant, Krapf, Marin, Avanti, Winora, Emmelle, Ken Evans

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by joe englert
Well, at least I am posting pics a bit better. I am still a computer idiot, especially, when posting pictures...I just take em with my little sony camera and post em. Haven't figured out how to make them full size yet. That is Chorus 8 speed. I really like that group, although those darn wheels with those cones in them !!!!! I wish someday, someone would make repop cones for those wheels because the cones always seem to get pitted and rough. Thanks for the comments.
Are they 8 speed wheels?? You are lucky, 8 speed campagnolo wheels are orphans & rare. If you don't want to bastardize your ride with Japanese parts, try to keep them alive.

I am using 7 speed Shimano, spaced from 126 to 130mm, and it works because the spacing is the same between cogs as 8 speed campagnolo (the ergos just had a redundant click, no problem). You can't use 9/10/11 speed campag wheels as the freehub is different.

I think that you can use (someone can correct me here), an 8 speed Shimano HG-50/ other Cassette, pulled apart, with spacers from a 7 speed Shimano cassette, on a 9/10/11 speed modern Shimano hub. I don't think you'd find any 8 speed campagnolo hubs without cup/cone. Record 8 speed cassettes are still cheap & common, so I'd stick with it. 13-26 8 speed is excellent if you have a 53/52 t chainring.

Also, a set of Ventos/ Shamals/ Zondas would make it FLY on the flats.