Old 07-23-15, 11:10 PM
FIVE ONE SIX
SpIn SpIn SuGaR!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
ok, so after all of this info and watching the video a few times (which was great, thanks for posting the link!) this is the end result. i lubed the hell out of all of the moving mechanisms on the derailleur, including the plastic part on the bottom bracket that separates the front and rear derailleur cables. i adjusted the top and bottom limit screw exactly how it showed to and i adjusted the top trim exactly how the video showed to. i do have one problem and a few questions though...

it doesn't show how to adjust bottom trim, and i currently have no bottom trim. the lever clicks, but the
derailleur doesn't really move at all, but from what i've seen i know i had bottom trim on my bike at some point. so how would i go about setting or adjusting that, cause i couldn't find any videos on youtube about how to set something like that...

because of the above problem, i had to set the limit screw so the derailleur is a little closer to the chain than it should be in the rear big ring cause if i don't then the chain rubs the front derailleur when i'm in the 34-12, which is what i sometimes use for a cruising gearset. i'm sure this wouldn't be the case if i had some trim in the little ring, but right now i have none so i have to deal with that, and the chain rubs if i put it in the 34-11 (which i know i shouldn't use, but when i had trim in the little ring it still didn't rub in that gear combo.)

Last edited by FIVE ONE SIX; 07-23-15 at 11:31 PM.