satbuilder 

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked 200 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Kungfusu3
Im new to the forum but have been lurking in the backgrounds for a while
im in the process of acquiring what I think is an early 1980s Moto Team Champion frame and fork, it has Columbus stickers and the design looks very similar to the team champion... Aside from the rear is in dark blue rather than chrome. I've browsed through several other forums and someone had suggested it may be an equipe pro?

The seller describes the frame as having some rust (though he has said no internal rust), so was thinking of treating it and getting it resprayed... And decal'd but don't know where to get the right ones... Especially that I'm not sure about the exact model and date..

I'd like to restore it to its former glory.. So will be looking at sourcing parts.. But again need some Moto experts to help me out with what I may have

thanks in advance!

zi
If you go back to page 7 of this thread, post #174 , verktyg posted up photos that are very similar to your frame. The differences I see are yours does not have a chrome rear triangle, or a number tag hanger on the top tube.

Here are catalogs of a lot of the Moto's.

bulgier.net - /pics/bike/Catalogs/Motobecane/

In 1984, it looks like both the Champion Team and the Le Champion came in the night blue color, which appears to be the color of your frame. It could be someone can narrow it down by the serial number of your frame.