View Single Post
Old 07-25-15, 08:05 AM
EastCoastDHer

Bikes: 1998 Specialized FSR 26", 1998 Trek Wade Boots Team Issue 2 XXL 20", 2001 Cortina DH Extreme 8 26", 1999 Sinister DNA (work in progress) 26", 2001 LeMond Zurich (work in progress) 700c

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride to relax, not blow up at ignorant people. The only time I'll get in someone's face is if I feel like my life is in danger or they've attempted to hurt me or anyone I'm with. It was hard when I was younger because I'm capable of bringing most people to the ground, but as I've aged I've learned that having great power requires greater control. Life is too short to get angry at the small stuff. My car broke down in rush hour traffic, in the center lane, of course. I laughed. DOT truck stopped and pushed me to the curb - he waited until the police arrived, the cop waited until the tow truck arrived. Turns out the tow driver's grandfather owned a place my dad used to eat at in college. He also worked on my buds Jeep (my bud Johnny is a drummer in a dead head band here) , he was happy to meet someone with similar music interests. I could've cursed and yelled all day. It was quite a nice day, I met some very good people who helped me out. Throwing a fit wouldn't have fixed my car.