Old 07-26-15, 04:45 PM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
@dvdslw Good points re: Bontrager and Easton tubeless carbon (TLC?!); Easton I'm a little wary of, as they've put out some half-baked stuff in the past (though admittedly I have to go far back in my cycling history for personal experience, back to the CNC MTB days) and just don't sit high on the "trust scale" for me. Bontrager, though, I always forget about since their aftermarket presence seems so limited. I suppose, particularly given Trek's resources, that they've really engineered some good product.

What is the word on Bontrager's "tlc" wheels? I know nothing about them.
Bontrager went all in with tubeless and have a complete lineup from inexpensive aluminum, lightweight aluminum, 50mm aluminum with carbon fairing, 38mm carbon, 50mm carbon, not to mention tubeless conversion kits and their road tubeless tires have had great reviews. I have a set of Easton Haven's on my 29er and they've been bombproof under my 225lb weight. Easton also sent out a voluntary recall on the rear hub and they sent me a shipping label, had the wheel for two weeks and sent it back to me re-laced with the updated hub, great customer service and their quality for me has been above average. I will say that because I ride a Cannondale it's tough for me to choose the Bontrager product because it just seems at home on a Trek but that may soon change?