Old 07-27-15, 02:21 PM
dogfather69

Bikes: 2013 Giant Escape 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaninTexas
Friday I did 20 miles and just got back from a 10 mile ride. I love the longer rides. However my problem now is I am running out of water. Bike only has room for 2 bottles - one on the frame and one on the handle bars.

Those bottles last me about 10 miles. On Friday I stopped at the house and did a refill - rested for 5 min then headed back out. I really would like to push myself to my goal of 34 with out stopping. For that I need water.

Why 34? Sept 26 I have signed up for a 34 mile rally and I am worried as heck about being able to do it.

Anyways... what water solutions are there? I was looking at hydration packs but they are super expensive and I don't know if I can fit any of them on me. 306 lbs - 50 in waist right now.

Is there something I am over looking that can get me more miles with out having to worry about the water situation?

WHERE DO YOU LIVE? IF close enough maybe we can meet up and ride together, it is definitely easier to pace and go farther when riding with people. I have been riding by myself for 2 years