Old 07-28-15, 02:12 PM
99Klein 

Bikes: 99 Klein Quantum, 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 5, Specialized Tarmac Comp, Foundry Thresher, Fuji Sportif

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've run the HD's for some time because of my weight (240+ pounds.) In fact I have three sets of them, the oldest having somewhere between 5-7K miles. They roll very fast and ride much lighter than they are...until you pick up the bike. I tried one set of the "Lights" and broke a rear spoke at just over 1500 miles. At that time the spoke holes in the hub were no longer round so I didn't fix them. They were true and tight out of the box (which is what I've become use to from this company) but unlike the HD's did require some truing from time to time.

Originally Posted by cicatrize
I think after a bunch of research, I've decided I'm going to get the Corsa Lites and not the SLRs. With my weight, I fear issues with the SLRs, whereas everyone says the Lites are very strong and there's no flex in them, I've heard some problems with SLRs with heavier riders (over 180 lbs). It's 100g more, but I'd rather add 100g and not bust a spoke or get the wheel out of true.

I'm bummed I figured this out today though, as Nashbar doesn't have the 20% off anymore. Guess I'll have to wait for another sale or 25% off coupon.