Old 07-28-15, 02:59 PM
thejoshwhite

Bikes: 1974 Raleigh International, 1985 Fuji Espree

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I wonder what the difference between an AD Pathfinder and a Puch Pathfinder II is.
I refurbished a Pathfinder II last summer completely- new decals and all. Totally not worth it given the frame and component quality, but it was a nice ride even with it being lower end, so I decided to go for it.

If tearing down, cleaning, and rebuilding a bike is fun for you- have at it. The price is high, for what you are getting, at least in my eyes.

ive read that the AD brand was reserved for higher end bikes in the US, but that Puch was supposed to be seen as a separate brand and often times the company competed against itself since Puch had higher end bikes too. AD Puch is quite the read for those who want to learn what not to do in business. Supply delays, competing lines, mislabeled and mis-spec'd bikes, etc.
From what I can understand, the Puch-made A-Ds are the lower end. I have a Puch Odyssey, which is also supposed to be lower end, but I do enjoy riding it even though it's pretty heavy. Maybe I'm wrong about the relationships. I think this bike would be fun clean up and tinker with, but I'm not exactly loaded enough to get into the habit of putting more money into a bike than it's worth.