Old 07-29-15, 07:49 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Ygduf
what's more likely to be the case, that all of us who use power in racing and love it are wrong, or you (who hasn't tried to use it as a tool) are wrong?

I'm not being sassy. Even I, when faced with overwhelming numbers of people who hold a certain opinion on something, will re-evaluate my stance. Sometimes my opinion changes, sometimes it does not.

Crits are still easy.
Hmm not for nothing but I think there are people who train with power who find it useful in races, like you do, and people who train with power who don't find it useful. Doge isn't flying a freaky flag on this. I personally fall into the latter camp so far, though I would be open to seeing it differently in the future. But so far I've found my RPE is pretty much dead-on, and when it's not, the fact that I'm still going fast or sliding off the back is enough to get me to either keep pedaling or give up without needing to check my output. So far, when I've done a race and thought "Damn, I was maxed out at the top of that climb," or something similar, my data has shown, yeah, based on my tested power at Duration X, I was maxed out. To me it's not much different from looking at HR in a race. But that could change.