Old 07-30-15, 02:13 PM
RR3
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jfowler85
What weapon? When a car is pointing its high beams at me - perhaps the driver forgot to hit the switch - I simply squint or look away. This is turning very silly, headlights are not weapons and no one needs to run out and buy a headlight to ensure the comfort of a vehicle driver. I'm glad you're resourceful enough to modify your torch but I'm just not interested in putting the effort into preventing whatever it is you think will happen if I don't.

You know what happened the last time I actually irritated a driver (as far as I can tell) with my headlight? He flashed his high beams at me. You know what I did? Tilted the headlight down a few degrees. That's pretty much the end of this silly discussion.

What is your deal? There is no hyperbole in the post you quoted, you're being a jackass.

Originally Posted by kickstart
I was referring to the opposite, those few who use over the top lighting that is excessive for conditions other than full daylight, and/or when there are other vulnerable users in close proximity. If a road or MUT users attention is 100% focused on one cyclists megablaze lightning storm, they are much more likely to be less aware of or fail to notice others.

Its nothing less than an act of cowardice to compromise the safety of others for a feeling of security.
Where is the danger? You answered that, there is none.

Cowardice because I want 10% of the light that a car has?

I would like the poster to respond to my questions raised in response to his/her silly rant.