Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
There is a connection between hiking (walking) and cycling. As cyclists of various types, I think we have a consensus on that.

But first hiking and walking. I consider walking as a thing we all do as long as we're not yet in a wheelchair. But hiking is even more specific and that is walking taken up to a higher level.

This could be "Hiking as a Second Language" or better yet "Hiking as a Second Activity". Let's drop any remote connection to ESL because there's no language barrier to overcome.

I'm sure I mentioned this in an earlier post ...

Personally I would like to see a sub-forum or sticky thread or something for other sports in general.

Many of us do more than just cycling, and of course, if we're active, we improve our fitness level which helps cycling ... so it's all vaguely related to cycling.

In fact, I know avid cyclists who cycle long distances over the summer ... and then switch to cross country skiing in the winter. One's main focus is cross country skiing, and he just cycles long distances in the summer to keep in shape for the cross country skiing. I know others who do a Super Randonneur series at the beginning of the season (most of those series are pretty much finished by early June) and then focus on triathlon for the rest of the year. And lots of us like to mix it up with a variety of sports etc. so that we don't burn out, and so that we work different muscles.