Old 07-31-15, 09:58 PM
bigcicero

Bikes: 2015 Cervelo R3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by side_FX
Of course I would decide to read BF this morning right before I go out and pick up an Emonda. This would be the first thread I read. Every other Emonda review seems to comment on how smooth the ride is, but of course now this one will stick in my head. Maybe I'll just get the Tarmac instead. I am suffering from paralysis from analysis!!
Oh no! I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. The Emonda has gotten a lot of rave reviews, and as someone posted earlier a lot of people have complimented its "ride quality". The is issue around the slightly subjective nature of the word "quality" and what it means to people. The Emonda is stiff and light and responsive, exactly the 'quality' most people want in a lightweight race bike. And was it harsher than my Caad? No. It felt firm and tough, like my Caad. But it wasn't harsh. And my Caad isn't exactly harsh, at least compared to old solid Alu bikes, though it's not forgiving over distances. But... it was surprisingly stiff and somewhat of a tense and buzzy ride. Maybe "harsh" was the wrong word to use. But it was "harsh" relative to my expectations, given the reviews that I read. Going back to the reviews, I realized they didn't necessarily say "comfortable". Undoubtedly your mileage will vary. You know how it is... new fit, new bike, new feeling, new road... they can color your perception a little bit.

Will you let us know if you purchased the Emonda? What did you think of it?

P.S. You're not the only one who suffers analysis paralysis, given my many musings on bikes here...

Last edited by bigcicero; 07-31-15 at 10:02 PM.