Old 08-01-15, 04:22 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
Yes... the future... it is a safe and elegantly peaceful place of flying cars and cheap nuclear energy OR the apocalyptic, polluted and fuel starved anything goes... mad max-walking dead nightmare. Or just maybe.... the future will be much like the past was... which is much like today is.

15 year prison sentences are great things.... unless your the 15 year child whose parent has "been away" all of your remembered life.

No one advocates impaired driving! But overly harsh or tyrannical punishments doesn't benefit individuals, the victims family, or society as a whole. Causing physical and/or emotional discomfort, stealing away many of the pleasures of life through imprisonment, may provide a slight degree of sadistic pleasure for some. But at a cost of equal discomfort and suffering for the motorist's family.

There is NO simple easy solution. But maybe instead of deliberating on how to punish those who cause us fear... we should entertain thoughts of how to discard our fears. Since no one gets out of here alive. Maybe we should be more concerned about finding joy as opposed to living longer in vindictiveness and fear.
I live in Los Angeles and commute by bike and put in a couple of long rides every week so I'm on the road 6-7 days a week on my bike. There are like 4 cars for every person here and the particular city I live in has one the award for least safe drivers in the country. The average driver where I live is involved in an accident every 5 years. I've never been in a car accident with 22 years of driving under my belt so that I figure some people must be getting into 5 accidents a year to make up for drivers like myself. I don't live in fear but I do have 1-3 close calls per week and 99% of the time the person has a phone in their hand. Everyone that is texting and watching videos etc consciously made a decision to do that just like he person that drinks a six pack before driving. If they then kill someone there should be consequences and their family can visit them in prison for the rest of their lives and hopefully their kids will know not to make the same mistakes