ILUVUK
en fuego

Bikes: Trek Madone 3.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
15 year prison sentences are great things.... unless your the 15 year child whose parent has "been away" all of your remembered life.

No one advocates impaired driving! But overly harsh or tyrannical punishments doesn't benefit individuals, the victims family, or society as a whole. Causing physical and/or emotional discomfort, stealing away many of the pleasures of life through imprisonment, may provide a slight degree of sadistic pleasure for some. But at a cost of equal discomfort and suffering for the motorist's family.

There is NO simple easy solution. But maybe instead of deliberating on how to punish those who cause us fear... we should entertain thoughts of how to discard our fears. Since no one gets out of here alive. Maybe we should be more concerned about finding joy as opposed to living longer in vindictiveness and fear.
I generally stay out of debates such as this, but I can't on this. You're certainly allowed to have your opinion on this, but I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. Until people somehow magically always make the right decision, the sentence has to be the deterrent.