Old 08-01-15, 05:50 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveWC
Just so I understand you... you don't believe that a 15 year sentence for a repeat offender of drunk driving (who takes a life) is fair because of the harm it inflicts on the driver & their family... you think that these sentences are a sadistic reaction from fear (although there are about 30 deaths from drunk driving in the U.S. each year)... and you think that instead of harsh punishments for crimes that cause deaths, your country should just accept the fact that one day we all die & just get over it.?
I don't think you understand me at all. And some of what you post.... I don't understand. In America in 2013, 10,076 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. And the health caused (non-accident related) deaths where alcohol was involved were MUCH higher.

So let me understand you.... you think we should imprison every American that drinks alcohol?

Originally Posted by DaveWC
Tell me this, in your opinion, what is a fair sentence for the person who kills a cyclist due to texting or drunk driving?
A fair sentence? "for the person who kills a cyclist" I don't understand the question. I've never tried to differentiate the people of the world based on sports or hobbies (only uniform style/color). Which "side" would this cyclist be on?