Old 08-01-15, 07:53 PM
Minion1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
I'd also list 11.4 in the category of:
Text below is lifted from a WW thread on sprinting. I'm definitely a lurker, and there's a few guys I follow/borderline stalk online, because they've proved that know their game inside and out. 11.4' also seems really generous and gracious with his time and responses, which lets face it, on most internet forums, is exceptional.

"I was involved with the Australian national track team on several fronts for about three years, and since then have been at the Manchester velodrome for extended coaching and management alongside the British national track team and frequently parts of the Sky road team. Both teams have been very successful focusing sprint strength development on weights, integrating strength into rapid sled work and some plyos, then putting it on the WattBike, and only then getting on the road or track with it. Once one is riding one's bike, there are a lot of other issues to manage so the sprint should come almost automatically. And as most people who have tried to develop a fast sprint have discovered, it's quite hard to translate power at 85 rpm to power at 120-140 rpm. And it doesn't matter so much whether it's road or track -- the riders at the front of a bunch sprint are still going to be doing high cadence and be riding at comparable speeds"