Old 08-01-15, 08:58 PM
mtnbke

Bikes: '92 22" Cannondale M2000, '92 Cannondale R1000 Tandem, another modern Canndondale tandem, Two Holy Grail '86 Cannondale ST800s 27" (68.5cm) Touring bike w/Superbe Pro components and Phil Wood hubs. A bunch of other 27" ST frames & bikes.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Regarding the cracks you think you're seeing. I could simply be the paint cracking from the flex in the steel frame. At least that's what I hope it is. That would really suck if the seller sold you a bike with cracks in it. I'd think he'd be afraid of a brick through the window or something. People do suck, but hopefully this is a good weld and everything is solid. I think you need to blast the paint off of this big mess, pull the BB and see what's going on inside and out.

Fortunately for you Bianchi frame sets sell for very cheap. Around our parts the bike coops and vintage cycling resellers can't get rid of their older vintage frame sets, except very cheaply. I think its amazing that people buy low end road bikes from the LBS when they could have a Dura-Ace/Ultegra Bianchi, Klein, Cannondale, or Trek bikes for half the price, and with good wheels. I'd rather have a good bike than a new bike with cheap plastic components.