Old 08-02-15, 02:06 PM
yipyipyip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eerdverk
Hello C&V, long time lurker here. This forum has been a great source of information and inspiration, particularly this thread.

I've been riding and working on older bikes for years, but finally decided it was time to build something a little more modern. I got my wife a cheap new bike to try to get her to go with me and she ended up loving it, but not the bike. She loves this one and feels a much stronger attachment to a bike that she picked all the parts out and helped build.

Mine is a 1986 Schwinn Peloton with a full 105 5800 groupset. The frame was made in Japan in partnership with Panasonic with Columbus SP/SL. This bike isn't very C&V looking, but I love the mix of the classic steel lines and modern components. I know this forum isn't the biggest fan of threadless stems but I think the VO tall stack stem looks appropriate here.
Pedal Room

Hers is a mid nineties Bianchi Reparto Corse Columbus TSX. Hers is much more traditionally styled, with new Campagnolo Veloce 10sp and a vintage Campy aero seatpost. From the catalogs I've found, it seems to be a 95 or 96, but does anyone know how I can nail down the exact year? Pedal Room

[...]
Beautiful bikes! The Schwinn especially is stunning.

I don't think the forums hates threadless stems. Threadless is superior to threaded in almost all ways. Unfortunately, most stems look hideous on C&V frames with low-diameter tubing. The VO tall stack is the best looking off-the-shelf threadless stem IMHO. I hadn't seen it in black before. Looks even better!