View Single Post
Old 08-02-15, 05:20 PM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
I rode my retro Raleigh OneWay single speed with a little lower pressure today on a ride through Natick, Dover, Medfield, Norfolk and Millis. No photos like you all stars but I can report pavement is much improved over last year. Causeway St in Medfield crosses the Charles River west towards Norfolk and Millis has been transmitted from Paris-Roubaix to the back seat of a Lincoln Continental smooth. Glen Street in Natick from South Natick to Dover was smoothed up a year or two ago and is very nice. My radius is still small but expanding and I look forward to reporting on more substantial, enticing rides out our way. Charles River Wheelmen have regular rides out in these parts to enjoy shade covered, winding country roads.

As a side note, not only am I getting back to biking but I'm getting back to bike repairs. I dug up a pair of replacement brake pads from the back of a drawer and installed and readjusted the cable adjust, pad bolt adjust and little 2 mm spring adjust and it all worked fine. Life's little successes! I admired my little success several times during the ride.