View Single Post
Old 08-03-15, 08:23 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
I've been falling behind putting rides in for a few weeks now, which means that my Good ride today's are getting put in the queue behind the Good ride the day before yesterday, and looks like I may never get out of the backlog.

So, I've decided to to get out of this error I'll change from FIFO to LIFO, and if I ever go back to the older rides I'll warn.

So from Saturday:

New field at the Arlington High School being laid down.

The extension of the Community Path to Lowell Street is *OPEN*!

BUT, the ramp and stairs to Lowell Street is still *CLOSED*! Sigh. But on the glass half full, it will absolutely be done in time for the next year's Vernon Street Open Studios.

High fiving a tourist guide on a Segway on the Cambridge Side of the Sinusoidal Bridge:

Still getting used to the frequency of tropical storms in the Northeast.
Watching the rainstorm ahead and estimating will our paths intersect (in this case, definitely yes).
But will it be raining there at the time of our intersection (in this case, no):

But, in the not all rainbows and sunshine, heading to the Post Office in Arlington Center, and caught the red light at the Pleasant Street/Mystic Street/Mass Ave intersection, so I'm the first "vehicle" in the right lane clearly going ahead. On a Saturday afternoon, *most* drivers get it, and queue in the left lane.

But one car has to pull in behind me, and as I travel up the two blocks I'm getting the aggressive tailgater filling my mirror, then the Vrooom with passes me with a foot of clearance and HORN alongside Tryst as extra punishment, even though there were no cars in the left lane.

And the driver of course turns right, into the Post Office. I arrive within seconds as she's getting out her car with a package, she glares at me, I say "Have a nice day" and she starts yelling at me to get out of the way and off the road. I did not deescalate and said harsh things including expletives and decided that this was not the time to mail the letters and continued on.

So, my bit of unadvocacy for the day. Sigh.

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 08-03-15 at 12:04 PM.