Old 08-03-15, 01:35 PM
DHRB45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Dalai;18038330]Not sure what you are trying to achieve by suggesting hill sessions over big gear efforts? If cadence and power are the same, the main difference I see is biomechanical - in that position on the saddle (forward/aft) / pedal stroke / upper body (track drops/tops) would likely differ between the two. Since you are wanting to improve your track strengths, I would recommend specificity wins unless you cannot sustain your target power during big gear efforts on the flat.

How do you plan to measure power, cadence etc?[/QUOTE-

I am not suggesting hill sessions over big gear efforts (steady-state, slope sessions actually Rather, I am seeking to understand which has the better pre-season conditioning training effect, and why. What I have noticed, is that doing these steady state slope sessions, (in a slightly big gear) seems to force me to really focus on applying greater, more even power to the effort. Seems to me that I am applying a little more focus on turning the cranks slightly more evenly, slightly more powerfully on the "up-stroke". Which, I guess, is because of the biomechanical difference you mention (?).

How do I plan to measure power / cadence? By perceived effort, and HR monitor. (I little old fashioned I know

Last edited by DHRB45; 08-03-15 at 01:52 PM. Reason: clarity