Old 08-03-15, 04:01 PM
ColaJacket

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Close to your home in Wake Forest, I'm not too familiar with them, so I would have to go with the Yelp Ratings.

In the Cary/Morrisville area, I use Performance Bike in Cary. But I also bought my bike there, and go on group rides there. And since they give free Lifetime Adjustments, if you bought your bike there, I tend to go there. Others that treated me well, when I went looking for bikes were All Star Bikes, The Bicycle Chain, and Trek Raleigh.

Also, there are a couple of Meetup groups that do group rides in the Morrisville/Cary area. The one that I'm most tempted to do is Slow Spokes on Tuesday nights when they have A/B/C/D/Beginner rides. But I have not done that ride, yet.

In your area, I've heard good reports about this trail, Neuse River Trail. I haven't been on it, but I've spoken to people that have been on it, and they say it is an excellent trail.

Also, while I'm riding a Fuji right now. I rode a Raleigh in HS/College around 1981. I think it was a Raleigh Gran Sport. I still have it, and it will probably become a project at some time to get into shape, so that I can actually ride it.

Also, I'm not the only Clyde/Athena that does the PB - Cary beginner ride. I'm just the only one on this board.

Good Luck!

GH

Last edited by ColaJacket; 08-03-15 at 04:04 PM.