View Single Post
Old 08-03-15, 06:09 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sam_cyclist
Really? So, you're saying anyone in a group that doesn't walk single file, or any piece of debris, are interfering with a ride on YOUR trail?

Yeah, that sucks. You singlehandedly paved and paid for that entire trail yourself so of course it belongs to you. Really amazes me that anyone else would dare walk on or use YOUR trail. It's not their left or their right, it's all YOURS!

There's a simple solution: just post a sign stating that "MY TRAIL. STAY OFF." Should work well. Report back.
You seem really pent up over this. You've never been frustrated by someone hogging the lane with no regard for their surroundings?

I used to live in the burbs, the cycling was great and you could find roads a few miles away that went on for miles without a stop sign. It was nice to not rely on MUPs. Since moving out of the burbs and into the city, you have to go a bit farther to find roads that are open like that, and then, they're still few and far between. So you hit the MUPs which aren't that bad, but on the weekends they're loaded with all kinds of people; riding, walking, some slow, some fast, some with earbuds and their faced buried in their phone as they wander from one side of the path to the other. It's all well and good and they have every right to be there as much as I do, but coming from a place where you could cruise along and enjoy the ride to constant watching of what other's might do is a bit annoying at times. The upside, using a car less and less.

The more I ride, the faster I get, and on a good day with fresh legs and not a lot of wind, getting up to and holding 20+ mph isn't too hard, which is nice...unfortunately, it's harder to do in a city than in the country. I miss those days a bit.

Still, I find it a bit hard to believe that someone is averaging 22-26 mph every time they go out for a Sunday cruise. Call me an ******* for saying that, but I know a lot of fast guys in the area, they can crank it up there as well, but none are really holding an average of 25mph at the end of a ride after you calculate in slowing down for this and that.