Old 08-03-15, 06:51 PM
bigcicero

Bikes: 2015 Cervelo R3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by side_FX
Thanks for your follow up. I ended up not getting anything yet. The shop was really busy and I just hung around and stared at the pretty bikes for a while. The sales guys were busy working on getting the fit right for a lady on a trainer. It was my first time at this particular shop and I was impressed with the attention she was getting. It was more thorough than the old "here, stand over it and see if it fits" from other shops. I was happy just to stare at all the pretty bikes for a while.
i am still split between the Emonda vs. Tarmac. I am also debating on if I should spend 2K and get something at my talent level or spend 4K and have more bike than I'll ever really need.
I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the difference between the two. Obviously from my thread here I gravitated toward the Tarmac.

Btw, I can't opine on fit, but it sounds like you answered your own question about the money. If it's more bike than you'll ever need, then maybe you don't really need to spend the dough. Unless you know you'll want to upgrade something on the bike. I've been contemplating the Cervelo R2 vs R3 - $2,500 vs sale price of $3350. I don't want to spend over $3k on a bike, but the price delta is much smaller than a couple upgrades like new wheels + some components. But even knowing that, were I settle on a Cervelo I would lean toward the R2 as it's a fine bike. Good luck!