Old 08-04-15, 12:18 PM
mahlers2nd

Bikes: Suteki Mixte, Bianchi Hybrid Mixte, Liv Alight 2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I bought the bike... It is wonderful. It shifts so smooth and so easy to find the gears... I'm so used to my Target special that would take 5 minutes of grinding away before it figured out which gear to settle in.

It fits well... although the seat post could be a *smidge* higher... Is that something I can change to get a taller seat post? I don't need much but as it is right now, I'm concerned it is a little to close to the end of the seat post. I'll also probably swap out the pedals as well -- these have the kind of pedals where you stick your shoe in a cup, if that makes sense. Right now, I want the ability to have my feet "free".

It works soooooo much better than that POS raleigh I tried last week. So much smoother. It also feels very solid -- though the seat may be a bit wide for my comfort (though I was trying it out in jeans so not optimal riding clothes).

So now I just have to figure out good training programs to help me get going. Can anyone point me to a good thread or website for that?

I was so excited that I took it out for a ride in the parking lot once I got back to my office. It was even better then than when I was "test driving" it. The woman that sold it was very nice. said she was glad that it was going to go to someone who could appreciate it and enjoy it.

I feel like I did the year I got my first five-speed for Christmas. I lived in Chicago so it was several weeks/months before I could actually take it outside so I just sat on it in the hall way of our house "pretending".

Thanks again everyone... y'all ROCK ... and ROLL!

At Cola -- maybe I'll see you out one a group ride soon... If you see some middle-aged chick on a Suteki, you'll know it's me!